Enhancing Genome Editing Using Repair Templates
Focus Area: Enabling Technologies
Deadline: October 01, 2017 Add To My Calendar
We are interested in developing partnerships with outstanding academic scientists to pursue advancements in template-based CRISPR-Cas genome editing. Homology directed repair (HDR) approaches enable defined sequence changes and insertions by utilizing donor templates to instruct cellular repair of a CRISPR-Cas induced break of genomic DNA. Achieving HDR in plants requires generating and screening hundreds of plants with success rates varying among experiments. To help realize the potential of genome editing we recognize the need to support innovation with monetary grants, access to leading-edge technologies, and knowledgeable collaborators.
What We Are Investigating
- Solutions for enhancing the recovery of template-based CRISPR-Cas editing including:
- Molecular approaches that enhance the underlying efficiency of HDR
- Non-HDR solutions that achieve similar outcomes
- Environmental or tissue-culture conditions
- Design/reagent parameters that drive efficiency
- Informatic approaches predictive of efficiency
- in planta reporter systems that are predictive of efficiency
- Other areas that enhance the efficiency of template based editing
- Solutions that apply directly to plants and/or are applicable to plant tissue culture
Who Should Apply
- Scientists from both, private and public institutions
- Plant scientists focused on developing gene editing technology
- Non-plant scientists exploring HDR (or comparable mechanism) where solutions could be applicable in plants
- Scientists with relevant expertise and a proposition for enhancing efficiency of template based genome editing in plants
For submissions received by October 1, 2017:
- We will review and evaluate your submissions within 60 days; and notify you of its status by December 1, 2017.
- A Pioneer Open Innovation representative will contact selected applicants to provide further details on the grant process.
Intellectual property and publication rights will remain with the selected grant applicants
How Can We Help
- Pioneer has the expertise and resources to help elevate and advance your research. As a chosen partner, you will gain access to a flexible range of industry-leading technology solutions to support your research activities.
- Funding (up to $50,000)